Friday, March 23, 2012

March 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Mom! Happy Wedding Anniversary to two of my siblings and their spouses!  Happy Birthday to a younger sister and a nephew!  All this month!

I also have several friends who have birthdays  as well. Here is a Birthday Card I made for a close friend whose birthday is Saturday. The papers are from Once Upon a Springtime by PineCone Press. I added the ribbon, bling in the flowers and sentiments. Gave my friend the card yesterday, and she loves it!  She and her husband are going to the coast for a week. She takes her birthday cards and sets them out on display at the vacation condo so she can enjoy them all week long! Wonderful idea!

I am also submitting this design for the Flutter By Wednesday's challenge.




This card is a 5 X 5 inch tri-fold. I love making them, and they look great when finished.

Several weeks ago, I attended the local Sewing & Stitchery Expo with my sister-in-law.  She quilts and I cross stitch.  I do turn quite a bit of my small cross stitch projects into greeting cards, which are well received by recipients. If you wish to see some of those stitched greeting cards, check out my website: http://nwstitcheryclub.weebly.com/index.html 

If you are into Pinterest, I have quite a few greeting card ideas posted. I will also attached some of the cards I've done. I even have a couple photos of our kitties.

Back to the Sewing & Stitchery Expo -- After the Expo, I stopped off at Scrapbook Nook, a store I have not been able to visit in a couple of years. I found some good items for future greeting cards. Feel free to stop into their store when you are in the area.

All for today.  Income Tax Return time is coming up quickly, so until I get those done, I am not going to have much time to work on cards.  Keep checking back though, as you never know when I can sneak in a few hours!


1 comment:

  1. Of course your friend loved the card - it's great! Thanks for joining in the Flutter By Wednesday challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete