Friday, June 21, 2013

We have a lot to cover today!  Here are cards and projects I've done the past month between family tragedies, gardening and life simply getting in the way.

First up...During Horse Racing's Triple Crown Kentucky Derby in May, I set up a temporary station in the front room to watch the races and do cards.  I also made two recipe books.  This is the front cover of the first one....


The Recipe kit is a Teresa Collins product, and you know how much I LOVE Teresa Collins!  Of course, I always add my personal touch...


I included favorite family recipes that we all grew up with.  There are only so many pages included in the kit, so I ad-libbed and created more pages for more recipes.  This book contains 16 family recipes.  Then I got out my hand-dandy Bind-it-All and bound the recipe book with dark red O-wire.

I could only get 2 recipe kits, so the other one is for me.  A recipe book I've had for over 25 years has fallen apart, so I had to find a new recipe book to put them in. 

You do not need a Teresa Collins kit to make a receipt book (these were so popular, they sold out quickly!).  Try your hand at making a book, add in some favorite family recipes and give it as a wedding gift, new home gift, or high school/college graduation gift.  Good luck!



This is one of the greeting cards I made while watching the horse races.  This is from the Pine Cone Press Options Tropical Travelogue kit using new Graphic 45 papers.  If you have ever done an Options kit, you know what they are like -- a project, scrapbook layout or greeting card options -- your choice what you want to do. There are plenty of materials in these kits, so you can do additional projects or make other cards using leftover materials.  I really enjoy the Options kits -- a great way to relax!


This past weekend, I was able to get back into my craft room and make a few more cards.  I was able to use some new rubber stamps, embossing folders and ribbons that I had purchased the past several months.  But for some reason, these cards were time-consuming to create.



I really enjoy doing greeting cards with Koi on them.  This Pond Affection (JR1016) rubber stamp by Stampabilities was colored with Copic markers. Gelly Roll glitter pens were used to highlight the Koi with a little green on the lily pads.  The Koi paper is edged with Salty Ocean distressed inks by Tim Holtz.  The background papers are stock water and ferns.  I used stock brads and buttons (3 on lower right) in greens and blues.  Final touch is the Moss Green "coral" ribbon.




Time to get a little sassy!  My sister Jan gave me this rubber stamp for my birthday -- Vivienne Strut Your Stuff by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. She knows I love peacocks.  I colored her with Copic markers and used Gelly Roll glitter pens to highlight her hair and color the peacock feathers.  The piece is edged with Peacock Feathers distressed ink by Tim Holtz.  The background card stock is distressed with Picked Raspberry.  I stamped white card stock with CAC Peacock (CC139) by Impression Obsession background rubber stamp and used Gold embossing powder.  I'm lovin' these embossing powders (though I still enjoy using my embossing pastes)!  Final touch is Green "coral" ribbon.


From Sassy to Whimsical...My husband loves Owls, so we pick up just as many Owls as we do Peacock items.




This Steampunk Owl (CRP174) by Stampendous is colored with Copic markers (no glitter pens this time).  He is edged with Vintage Photo distressed ink by Tim Holtz.  The background green paper is embossed with Sizzix Gears folder using my Cuttlebug.  Paper String from Tim Holtz' Solids line is tied around the base.  Notice three (3) Jewels (pearls) by KaiserCraft in upper left corner for a final touch.  A great birthday card for my husband in August.


Lastly, another fun, but serious card....



This Grape Label (P184) by Stampendous was fun to color with Copic markers; Gelly Roll glitter pens were used to trace the words CastelloBlanc Grapes.  It is difficult to see in the photo, but Purple glitter glue highlights the grapes and Mystic Green glitter glue the leaves (Stickles glitter glue).  The piece is edged with Vintage Photo distressed ink. The background papers are from K&Company's Life's Journey paper pad.  I could not find the right ribbon for this piece, so as a last resort, I turned to one of my boxes of chocolate and confiscated the purple ribbon.  A perfect fit!


Remember the two boxes of DCWV products I won in a contest a couple months ago?  Come back and see those photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment