Some of you know I do cross stitch embroidery as one of my hobbies. I stitch small cross stitch designs and turn them into greeting cards. Here are my latest counted cross stitch cards:
Front cover Inside front cover...
The front cover is a vellum with Light Pink Baby Footprints. The baby footprints rubber sticks by Judith were stamped using Forest Green staz-on ink.
In the second photo above, notice the yellow and purple Diaper Pin brads on Soft Speckle paper. The Baby purple rub-on is from Creative Imaginations.
Close-up of the cross stitch design....
I like to use beads to enhance my stitchery; these are Mill Hill Petite glass beads (#40553) tied on using DMC peach varigated floss (#4110). The "It's A Girl" is stitched in DMC Jewel Effects pink metallic thread (#E316) and the rest of the design is stitched with DMC cotton floss. The outline of the bear and blanket is stitched with DMC black metallic (twine-type) floss (#E310), a bit different than what I'm used to. This Baby card was given to my veterinarian who had her baby in early July.
My personal physician had a baby girl in mid-July, and this is her baby card. Card stock is Happy embossed card from DCWV. Baby paper is under the cross stitch design. The two Diaper Pin brads are just perfect! I put two flower parts together, added a Rhinestone from Marcella by K, and a cute little flower is added.
For some reason I thought one of the doctors was having a boy. Since they both had girls, I now have a Boy baby card and no one to give it to. So, I will add it to my craft show stock to sell. He is stitched with DMC cotton floss with dark grey metallic thread to stitch the outline and sentiment. It's a Boy paper is by HOTP (#20017) and the darker paper is from The Immortal Love matstack by DCWV. Added a blue Diaper Pin brad. I love the Lego Block and Train brads on this card.
A co-worker of my husband's is just as crazy as I am about "The Lion King," so I made this greeting card for her. These Meerkats fit on a smaller card (4¼ X 5½" instead of my usual 5 X 6½"). Again, I used DMC cotton floss to stitch them and DMC dark grey metallic floss for the outline. They are set on Animal paper from the Safari paper pak by the Paper Studio. The Gold Glitter card stock is from DCWV. I added Pumbaa and Simba dimensional stickers from EK as a finishing touch.
Over the next several days, I will post photos of cards I have been working on the past couple of weeks. Come back and see what I've made!