Wednesday, April 16, 2014

If you have a separate crafting room, you know how quickly it can become "overgrown".  My room is in such a state.  About two weeks ago, my husband and I started cleaning it out/up....sorting out all the stitchery and card-making magazines and books, and figuring which I want to keep.  Putting away items I haven't put away in a long time (and that NEED to be put away).  Next, came the couple dozen boxes out of the closet to sort through and put in a separate room reserved as storage.  This included sorting through 25+ years of income tax returns -- what to keep, what to shred and what to recycle; I have four boxes left to sort.  The amount of boxes that went into storage (incomes taxes and family estate stuff) is cut in half, and boxes that went back into the closet is just a fraction of what was previously in there.  I did, however, take the time to clear a path to my work table so I could make a few postage stamp greeting cards for a couple of upcoming shows:



I'm trying to use papers that I haven't used in a while, and I think I have the perfect fit with these cards.  This base paper is from Bo Bunny et cetera Collection.  The ribbon is airmail adhesive paper tape.  Notice the 3 blings on right side of ribbon.  Yes, these are real postage stamps.




This paper is also from the et cetera collection.  World map paper tape and three brads complete this card.  As you can see, I am working on "man" theme here.




This paper is from the KaiserCraft Vintage Timeless paper pad.  The ribbon is from Queen&Co, complete with the three buttons.




This background paper is also from the Vintage Timeless paper pad.  Dark blue-green "coral reef" ribbon was added, and the card was completed with three small seashells. In sorting through our "keepsake" boxes, I came across this necklace that my husband made way back when in the 1970's -- yep, when these necklaces were all the rage.  He asked me what to do with it.  "If you don't want to keep it, put it in the charity box."

"Can you use the seashells in your cards?" he asked.

See why I keep him around!  He strung these shells pretty tight as it was a little difficult to get them off the fishing line, but I managed. Don't the shells look great!  I have a lot more shells for future cards.




This base paper is from MME (My Mind's Eye) Traveler paper pad.  Card was finished with Blue and Green twine and three buttons.




This background paper came from MME Blush paper pad.  The green ribbon is from The Paper Company Secret Garden pack. Love the colors and designs in this ribbon pack.  Couple pieces of flower to make one, add a bling, and card complete.





Base paper here is from Authentique's Splendid paper pad.  Ribbon is again from The Paper Company Secret Garden ribbon pack.  Two paper flowers and a Butterfly brad complete the card.

All paper pads are 6 or 6½ inches square.




The background paper on this card is from Art Talent paper block (out of The Netherlands), in a previous gift box from our Belgium friends.  The paper pack contains 20 designs,  all with glitter and in pastel colors.  The glitter on this card is stripes down the paper in neat columns.  The photo does not do it justice, but looks real nice in person.

Remember, all these cards are for sale.  All my postage stamp greeting cards sell for $4.00 each, regardless of what is on them.

Upon a request from last December, I am teaching a class on making these cards at a stamp show this coming weekend, Saturday, April 19, Noon to 2:00 pm.  See my March 20 entry to view the greeting cards the students are making.  Not shown, is a surprise card they will make.  If you are in the area and want to make the cards, attend the show (no admission), pay your class fee and let's get down to business!  Show information:

Evergreen Stamp Show
Kent Commons
525 - 4th Avenue North
Kent, Washington
Noon to 2:00 pm
$20.00 for 5 greeting cards
Please bring small scissors and stamps to match the topics of the cards shown in the March 20th entry.  I am bringing stamps if you do not have access to any.

Have a great Easter everyone!

And, yes, I am still working on cleaning the craft room....

No comments:

Post a Comment