Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!


Many of us "artists" have other projects we work on besides what you see on our blogs.  I'd like to show you another of my hobbies -- cross stitch embroidery:


....And it is DONE!  After approximately 280 hours, 35 minutes, The Christmas Holiday Bells 58" X 104" oblong table cloth, 2 placemats and 6 napkins are finally completed!  Ensemble is worked in Stamped Cross Stitch.  Here is the setup on my dining room table (with one leaf insert).

Close-up of the tablecloth.... 

 Placemat and napkin
Center of the tablecloth

Napkins -- Notice the beads in the center of each flower.  Beads were also used in the center of flowers on the placemats and tablecloth.  A total of 156 dark grey beads were used on this entire project.


 Side of tablecloth -- with beads

I started this project September 14, 2011.  Between each section, I worked on smaller cross stitch projects and greeting cards -- a project this large, one does need a break....The project was completed May 3, 2014.  It looks great on my dining room table!



Of course, I always get help with my projects....

Our Belgium friends arrive Tuesday evening.  That next weekend, May 17 and 18, is the Rubber Stamp and Paper Arts Festival in Puyallup, Washington.  We have not attended in several years, so we are excited about attending this year.  Will you attend?

After all this, I can get back to making greeting cards again.

What cards have you made recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment