Wednesday, April 18, 2012

This afternoon, I finished the cards I had started yesterday.



I was trying something new with The Lady in the Water rubber stamp. She is placed on a "Top Note". The next paper is Cuttlebug embossed using "Holly Ribbon" folder. I rubber stamped the new Tim Holtz "Wallpaper" on the card, then added ribbon to finish off the card.  Definitely different style for me.



Besides Peafowl, Flowers are my next favorite to work with. This "Hybrid Rose - Rosaceae" by PSX is done in Copic markers and Stickles Glitter Glue. The paper is from "Chanteuse Collection" paper pack by Kaiser Craft.



My Purple Roses are by Stampa Rosa, colored in Metallic Gelly Roll pens - Ice Cream Smooth set. This set of pens takes a little getting used to, but used with the right design, can be stunning!  I used a little Glitter Glue to enhance the roses and added 5 silver rhinestones. The background paper was colored using Tim Holtz Distressed Ink -- Broken China. When I went to trim this and add background paper, I just couldn't do it! Sometimes, you just need to let it be, so I Lace (by Martha Stewart) punched the card stock and slapped the design on it. Perfect! (The blue paper behind the lace is just to show you the lace punch; it is not a part of the card.)



Irises are my favorite flower (though I love all flowers)! These Irises are by Art Impression, colored using Copic Markers and Glitter Glue to enhance the flowers. Paper was again inked using Broken China. Background papers are from two different "bitty ScrapPads -- Backgrounds and Heritage Post" by Kathy Griffiths/Provo Craft.

Now I get to start new cards tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment