Friday, May 4, 2012

Hi Everyone --

It has been pretty busy around here.  Our craft show two weekends ago went very well. That lovely Iris card I made sold quickly as well as several other new cards (Peacock tile one of them). I will have to do a couple more of these cards as they were just too cute!! I am also happy to relate that older greeting cards, some of my sister's greeting cards, and some of my husband's etched glassware and handmade chocolates also sold. For a first-time show, it did very well.  We are already signed up to do next year's show.

If you are not aware, this Saturday, May 5th, is National Scrapbooking Day. I will have a 4-foot table set up in my front room so I can work on my 50th birthday party invitations while watching The Kentucky Derby.

If you wish to enter a scrapbook challenge, pop on over to my sister's blog Jan Wheatley and participate in the contest. If you win, let me know. Send along a photo of you and your award winning project and I will be happy to post on my blog.

Of course, check with your local scrapbooking store as they very well could be hosting a big party and huge sale -- Urban Scrapbooker in Edmonds, Washington is. My husband and I hope to make it over before the horse race (and his car race -- just in case we are delayed in town, we are recording both!).

Yes, check out these links above -- that is what they are for!!

Now, after a weekend full of scrapbooking and card making, what do you do if you've run low or completely out of supplies?  You pop on down to the Puyallup Rubber Stamp & Paper Arts Festival in Puyallup, Washington.  Heirloom Production hosts about 11 of these shows through the US each year, so be sure to check out the link and find out where your nearest Festival is. We have attended this show before and have spent quite a bit of money as there is so much to see and acquire that you cannot get at your local store. We will not be attending this year as we have other things to do -- like make birthday party invitations and get ready for the party! If you are able, this Rubber Stamp and Paper Arts Festival is not one to miss. If you are not able to go this year, get on their e-mail list and save up for next year!

So much to do, so little time. Have a great crafting weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment