Monday, February 11, 2013

Hope everyone had a good weekend. My husband and I had an interesting weekend.  On Saturday, we went to Country Village (Bothell, Washington) as 25 of the 45+ stores were involved in a Chocolate Tour.  You know how much I love chocolate!  We visited each of the stores involved in the special tour and had some yummy chocolate of all varieties.  There are a lot of NEW stores in the Village compared to when we last went through it a year or two ago. Our favorite -- Stampin' in the Rain -- is still there.  Changes are a'coming in her store, so if you haven't been there in awhile, be sure to stop in next time you are in the area.  The new changes will debut on March 1.

I took (with permission) photos of Stampin' in the Rain so you know what items owner Kim carries (as well as to hopefully entice you to the store).  So come along on my tour of the store....


I love using ribbon and twine on my greeting cards, and Stampin' in the Rain has a nice selection. Sometimes it is difficult to find just a nice basic ribbon -- looks like Kim has them.



Need Rubber Stamps? Kim has a bunch of them! Lots! Her rubber stamps are displayed via categories, with nice examples, shown as above. Love seeing ideas of the stamps!



There are many types of embellishments in the store -- these are just a sample.  Glitter...


Ranger Alcohol Inks...Ink...Copics...Embossing Paste...Punches...and so much more.



The brass template area for dry embossing (my favorite part of the store, besides the stamps!).



Paper...who doesn't have enough paper. Notice the red paper on the right side, second shelf. You have to touch it to believe how it feels!!....



Smooches...I'm just beginning to learn how to use them.



Yes, she even has some paper packs.  And there is so much more -- come out on or after March 1 to see the changes and new lines....


Stampin' in the Rain offers classes taught by some delightful teachers. My husband and I have both taken a few classes from Joy and other teachers over the years.


Stampin' in the Rain is located at:

Country Village / Bldg. I / The Hen House
831 237th Street SE
Bothell, WA 98021


There is another store at the Country Village that greeting card makers and scrapbookers will enjoy. Once I obtain permission from the owner to take photos, I will post on my site, so be sure to come back and check them out.



If you do any type of stitchery work, pop on over to my other website to see what else I found at Country Village! http://nwstitcheryclub.weebly.com/index.html 

On Sunday, Keith and I worked on Valentine's Day projects and greeting cards. Will post those this week.

Over time, and as my husband and I travel, I will try to remember to take my camera. When we stop in at a scrapbooking store, we will take photos (with store's permission) and post them here. So keep a look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment