Friday, March 8, 2013

Everyone once in a while, we just need to do something different. This card is one of those.


After I stamped and colored Mr. Frog, I cut around him leaving a smidgen of white border.  When I showed the completed card to my husband, he said it looked like the frog was getting ready to jump off the card.  Now, that's what I want to hear!!  I'm sure some of you understand how difficult it is to get comments on your cards from family besides, "uh huh, nice." 

I've had this, and other card bases sitting on my work table for quite a few months.  I had tried out a new embossing folder and then set the cards aside to put something on them later. Well, that something  is now, at least for one card.  The embossing folder is Iron Works by Cuttlebug.  Base paper is Ferris Garden 42-5347 by Provo Craft.  The Frog and Leaf rubber stamps are from Friendship set by Local King Rubber Stamp. We picked this set up when we were on Victoria Island three years ago for vacation.  Colored Frog with Copic markers, and used color pencils on the Leaf.  I cut out the Leaf without leaving a white border.  Used pop dots on both.

When I got this far on the card, I wanted the Iron Works embossing design to "pop" out, so I brushed a little bit of Tim Holtz' Vintage Photo distressed ink over the top.  Perfect! 

The sentiment is from the same Friendship stamp set and edged with Merlot from the Rich Rustics Color Box Cat's Eyes ink set.

The little frog and salamander on the leaf are punches.



Even though Valentine's Day is past, there are other occasions to show someone love (or start on NEXT year's Valentine's Day cards).

For this card, I decided to go BOLD.  I rarely use bold, flashy papers as a base.  But this card called for it.


I used Monica Romances (HMER1004) rubber stamp by House Mouse, stamped on basic marbled pink paper from a craft warehouse  paper pack.  She is colored with Copics with the paper edged in Aquamarine from Misty Meadow Color Box Cat's Eyes ink set.  She is set on the doily with pop dots.

I found a package of Wilton's 4" Paper Doilies in the cake decorating section at Michael's Arts & Crafts.  This particular design only came in white.  There was a package of doilies in black, but I didn't care for the design.  When I find black doilies in a design I like.....oooohhhhh, wouldn't that make for a cool card?!

Base and matt paper are from the These Days 6½ inch paper pad by Kaiser Craft.  I added a basic Green lace (that you can find in most sewing stores).  Doily was glued down and Monica place on top with pop dots.  The sentiment paper is basic Beige paper topped with Tim Holtz' Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  The sentiment is "Sweet as Love" (QR1063) by House Mouse.  Two (2) Red rhinestones for added bling finish off the card.

The remnants from the sentiment paper is what I used to punch out the frog and salamander on the Frog card above.


I'm teaching a couple of friends how to make fudge this weekend, so I do not know if I will get any cards done (but with the sun out, I should be gardening!).  Would love to see your cards.

Happy Craft Month!



No comments:

Post a Comment