Thursday, March 7, 2013

Went to post today's greeting card, and discovered I have not yet taken photos and downloaded it.  Ooopps!  Be right back......

Okay, I'm back.  Today's card, just for a birthday girl!  I do not normally do fun and whimsical cards, but figured it was time to do one. What else can you possibly do with this topic, but be fun and whimsical?!


The base paper and green matts are from Bright Embellishment Punch-Out pack by Colorbok.  Papers behind the big cupcake are: plain yellow paper and glitter yellow paper from basic paper packs; using Fancy Frames cartridge by Cricut to cut them out (Frames 15LR and 15).  The rubber stamps are Birthday Cupcakes (#97628) by Inkadinkadoo and colored with Copic markers.  I added Stickles Glitter Glue for the cupcake blings: Firefly, Turqouise, Glam Pink and Yellow. Edged all the cupcakes and sentiment with Gold ink from Basics Color Box Cat's Eyes ink set.  The Sentiment is from the Stone Rubber Stamp Set.  I stamped it using Circus ink by Splendor/Tsukineko.

You've probably noticed I've been using these Cricut frames for several cards lately.  They just seem to add something to the cards.  I've been using two shades of the same colors -- I think it is time to use two different colors, don't you?  We will see what the future holds!



I love this dolphin card!  It is a brand new design I picked up not too long ago.  Base paper is 12 X 12 Waves by Flavia; matt is basic Water paper. I purchased these two papers years ago from Michael's Arts and Crafts, or JoAnne's Fabrics and Crafts.  The Dolphin Mother & Young is by Inkadinkadoo, and colored with Copic markers.  The Fish Net ribbon (I have no idea what it is really called, but that is what it looks like) I bought from Urban Scrapbooker.  I was in her store last week, and she still has this type of "ribbon".  She even has a couple more colors than when I originally purchased mine.  If you want this for your cards, call, e-mail or visit the store as she may not be able to get it anymore.

The sentiment is from the In Love rub-on set by Kaiser Craft.  I picked up the Seashells at a scrapbooking convention a couple of years ago. I believe they are put out by Eyelet Outlet & Brads. If you have never bought from them, be careful when you visit their website.  They have so many fun and neat brads, you just might end up spending way more than your budget will want you to (I did)!

No comments:

Post a Comment