Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Here is an interesting card -- 3-D.  Have you ever tried to do a 3-D card?  They really are not that difficult -- well, for the most part.  In the past couple of years, many 3-D greeting card die-cuts come pre-cut, so all you have to do is punch out each section and put them together.  Not so with this particular one.

A couple of years ago, I received a packet of 8½ X 11-inch scrapbooking paper from our Belgium friends; the papers covered various holidays and themes.  Or so I thought they were scrapbooking paper.  I had taken the packet out several times to see if there was anything I could use on a project I was working on.  Nope.  I took the packet back out again this past weekend, and for the first time, obviously, took a REALLY GOOD look at the paper.  There is something that has always bothered me about the paper.  Well duh!  It is 3-D designs!

Here is my first 3-D card I made for special friends of ours:




And a side view so you can see the multiple layers. There are 5 total layers on this card.  Each layer had to be hand cut out instead of punched out like many of the 3-D sets in the United States.


The 3-D Flower Watering Can is by Art Talent (a European company).  Card stock is from DCWV "The Cafè Mediterranean" box of cards.  Ribbon is part of Darice Finishing Accents trim.  Sentiment is from KaiserCraft Friends set.

Now that I finally actually know what this "paper" is all about, I will be putting together more of these fun little 3-D cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment