Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I started (and actually completed) a new batch of greeting cards this past weekend.  I tried a few new things -- what do you think?  Of course, these will be available for sell at our holiday craft shows/bazaars and at http://ididitcreations.com/showroom/, click on Earth Dragon Creations.



The Thinking of You sentiment is Metallic Gold embossed on grey-white toned paper. The outer design is hand dry embossed; leaving it colorless adds a little class to the card.  The base paper is from the LaCreme stack by DCWV (paper with black flocking). The Pink, Red and Lavender paper flowers are from Urban Scrapbooker; the Green paper flower is from Art Talent of The Netherlands.





These Roses and Bee are a new design (Gracious stamp set by Basic Gray). I colored with Copic markers, and used Pine, Thistle, Green Yellow and Magenta glitter glues to enhance the design (unfortunately now easily seen in the photo); a yellow rhinestone was added to the center of the large rose. Base plaid paper is from Modern Chic stack by Recollections. The yellow paper is embossed with the Honeycomb embossing plate by Stampin' Up!.   The sentiment was done in Glossy Blue embossing paste and adhered to the card with pop dots.




I was playing with the Silver embossing powder (I prefer embossing paste over the powders, but I'm getting the hang of it).  I did two Doves sets -- found out I was heating the embossing powder too long and it look horrid!  These two designs came out just perfect, so made them into two different cards.

The Dove rubber stamp is by Inkadinkadoo (#60-00121).  The base paper is from The Mariposa stack by DCWV.  I inked the Paper Doily using Salty Ocean distress ink by Tim Holtz.  The stock flowers are adhered with brads at their center.



This second Dove card is sitting on green Swirls paper from the Fabulous Flair-Swirls paper pack by Marianne Richmond. The Paper Doily was inked with Picked Raspberry distress ink.  The two stock flowers are adhered with a red Glitter brad and a green Butterfly brad.




Since I am a big-time (postage) stamp collector, I love seeing stamps in rubber stamp form.  This Asian Bird rubber stamp set is from Magenta, and hand colored.  The base paper is from Oriental Papers from the Crafter's Paper Library.  This is the first time I have used the Fuchia "coral" ribbon.  Definitely unique!





Every once in a while, a stamp image just doesn't need anything more to it, such as this master Owl.  I stamped him in white ink on dark blue paper. What more could I do with him?  The smaller trio of Owls were colored with Copics and adhered to the card with pop dots.  All four Owls are from the Hooters set by Local King Rubber Stamp out of Canada (got the set when we were in Victoria, BC, a few years ago).  The base paper is from The Luxury Stack by DCWV.  The ribbon is an Acrylic Little Bits by Janlynn.  This is a touchy piece of ribbon -- it easily sheds during handling.  The Thank You is a rub-on by KaiserCraft. 

You know, I love rub-on sentiments and designs, but I have a heck of a time with them sticking to their backing paper.  Any idea of how to prevent this or is this just the nature of rub-ons?  Such a big shame considering how much we pay for these rub-ons!





 Lastly, this is the first time I have used the Swan and Butterfly from the Patterned Birds & Bugs (#99120) rubber stamp set by Inkadinkadoo.  They are embossed with Silver and Gold embossing powder.  For the Swan, Salty Ocean and Squeezed Lemonade distress inks were used to enhance the design a little.  Base paper is from the La Bella Rouge stack by DCWV (each paper has Glitter and/or Foil -- glitter for this card).  Stock blue ribbon.  Sentiment adhered with pop dots.

Over the past several weeks, I cross stitched several card designs.  Come on back later this week when I've washed, dried, ironed and mounted these designs to see what they look like.  I also have close to a dozen other greeting cards started on my desk.  Not sure if I will finish those this week -- company coming on Saturday and we have to get groceries sometime.

In the meantime, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment