Monday, September 30, 2013

Last time, I showed you a 3-D card, one that I had to hand cut each piece out with a small pair of scissors.  Here are several 3-D foil cards that were die-cut: one only had to punch out each piece and assemble.  Much easier and less time consuming!


There are 5 layers on this card.



You can see the layers here.

I later did a set of four 3-D foil Horse cards.  There are 3 layers to each design.  I love these cards!



Background Grass paper "Nurture" (Reminisce). Rope is of the Jute Burlap set (The Paper Studio).




Grass paper is Spring Greens (Colorbök).  Cream Paper String by Tim Holtz Idea-ology set.



Same base paper as the first Horse card above.

What more can you really do with these cards?  They look lovely as they are.  The foil-based punch-out 3-D horses are by Dufex Crafts.

Where's the fourth card?  Oh, I guess I did say four horse cards.  The fourth one was so gorgeous, I just had to keep it.  After I put the fourth 3-D foil set together, I did not make it into a card.  I kept it as is and is on my window sill where I keep all my favorites (yes, I am running out of window sill space).

Since I did these cards, black pop squares have come out on the market, so I might switch to those in hopes they won't show up as much as the white.


Now, on to cross stitch greeting cards:



Cross stitch greeting cards are slow to sell, simply because they are more expensive, anywhere from $10 and up -- depending on how detailed the stitching is.  This Pegasus Gold card is done in DMC Metallic Gold with matching Yellow Cotton floss; Metallic Black used for outline.  The base paper is from The Stardust Matstack (DCWV).  The Autumn Tinsel Twine is by Tim Holtz idea-ology.

All my cross stitch cards are hand-done, not machine, and are counted cross stitch, not stamped cross stitch.




Periodically, I will do a different type of card, such as this one.  Notice the seam in the front center...Open the card, and...



A nice Dragon greets you!  This handsome creature is done with DMC Cotton floss on white fabric with glitters (unfortunately, cannot be seen in any photo I could take).  The outside front and inside side flaps paper is from Oriental Papers (The Crafts Paper Library).  The inside center papers are from Glitz Pack (Afternoon Muse) paper pack.  A "coral" ribbon adds the finishing touch.  


Close-up of the stitching.




I learned to do Blackwork a few years ago and really enjoyed it.  I have found it is difficult to find good designs, so when I saw these in a new book I purchased, I just had to give them a try.  This Gothic Owl alphabet C was easy to do.  He is done in DMC Metallic Black with Metallic Gold and Cotton Yellow for the C.  (Remember, these are gothic letters.)  To keep attention on the design, I did not decorate the card stock.




The Gothic Dragon alphabet N is from the same set as the Owl above, using the same DMC materials.  I plan on doing more of these designs.  Both card stock is from Yarn Tree Designs.


And now, back to traditional greeting cards:  (can we say that?)



I actually colored this cute card over the summer, but did not put it together until this weekend.  Dino Baby & Stork is hand colored and edged in Gold (Basics color box cat's eye ink set).  Base paper is from the Debbie Mumm paper pack.  I have had this paper pack for a long time, but have not used any paper from it.  I thought of it when I was making this card, dragged it out and found the perfect paper for this card. This paper pack is not your usual baby paper. It is a huge paper pack, so I will have to share some with my sister Jan next time she is over.  Diaper pin brad and Baby rub-on sentiment (Scrapperware) on pop dots complete the card.  Definitely going to our holiday craft shows.




Another card I colored over the summer and did not get put together until this weekend.  Trick or Treat Little Tiger is hand colored.  Base paper is Fall into Winter (Wübie Prints). The two fall leaves embossed and die cut with my Cuttlebug.  Candy Corn brad adds a nice touch.  The Halloween Express Yourself sticker sentiment (SRM Press) is adhered with pop dots.

I will put this card up on I Did It Creations website as I do not have a craft show until after Halloween.




I love purple roses. You get the right real Purple Rose plant, and they have a great scent!  This Rose design (Stampa Rosa) is colored with Copic Markers and Glitter Glue.  There are 4 small purple Rhinestones (Mark Richards) and 2 larger purple Rhinestones (Queen & Co). Design is edged with Blue Lagoon (Primary Elements color box cat's eye ink set).  Base paper is from The Luxury Stack (DCWV). There is one Leafy Vine die cut (Cheery Lynn Designs) behind the roses.  The right edge of card has been punched with Scallop Trim edge punch (Stampin' Up)!  Two Bee brads complete the card.





For some reason, I always have trouble coloring this rose design (Stamp Land). It is colored with Copic Markers, Glitter Glue and 1 Yellow Rhinestone (Kaiser Scrapbook).  Design is edged with Merlot (Rich Rustics color box cat's eye ink set).  The background paper is from Serene - Express Yourself paper pack (Creative Memories).  The right edge of the card is punched using Scallop Trim edge punch.  There are two Leafy Vine die cuts behind the Rose design.  Bee and Lady Bug brads added for a finishing touch.



I love this Rose design (Laurie Anderson). It is so easy to work with.  The design is colored with Copic Markers, Glitter Glue and 2 pink Rhinestones (a'muse) to enhance.  It is edged with French Blue (color box cat's eye Misty Meadow ink set).  Base paper is Print Poetry (Stampin' Up), which is edged in Brown (Rich Rustics color box cat's eye ink set).  There are two Leafy Vine die cuts behind the roses.  The card's right edge is punched using Scallop Trim edge punch.  Notice the Lady Bug and Bumble Bee brads as a finishing touch.




Irises are a favorite of mine and my customers.  This Iris set (Art Impressions) is hand-colored with pencils; edged with Merlot (color box cat's eye Rich Rustics ink set).  Base paper is Paper Stash Kraft Resist (Tim Holtz Idea-ology).  Blue "coral" ribbon and Yellow Butterfly brad complete the card.


Many of these cards today will be sold at our holiday craft shows this November and December.  Other cards are listed on a new artists' website, I Did It Creations!  (Yes, opening was delayed.)  This site should be open for business tomorrow, October 1.  Feel free to pop over and see what you need to buy.  When looking at Greeting Cards, be sure to think about all the birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and holiday events in your life.  Many cards are also suitable for Just for You / Thinking of You and Sympathy.

If you love any of these cards and they are not on the above website, just let me know you want it and I'll pull it out of our craft show stock; I accept PayPal.  I sold 6 cards last week this way (actually, those cards never made it into the show stock!).



No comments:

Post a Comment