Friday, August 22, 2014

I had a brilliant idea earlier this week -- black and white on cards! Hmmmm...This shouldn't be a problem, or so I thought.  After only two cards, I realized I didn't have enough of anything to do more cards.  I have since been to Michael's, Joann's and Hobby Lobby several times to purchase supplies -- paper, ribbon, flowers and buttons.

Now that I am better stocked in Black & White, here is what I accomplished this week:


Peacock Frame die cut (cheery lyn designs) out of white metallic paper on Immortal Love (DCWV) paper. Modern Chic base paper (recollections).  Stock ribbon and flower pieces with white brad. Three (3) dark gray pearl bling complete the card design.




Peacock die cut (sizzix thinlets) out of white metallic card stock.  This is a very delicate piece to work with.  He is on Immortal Love (DCWV) paper with la Creme stack (DCWV) base paper.  Stock Flower pieces, Gray Pearl bling and sheer Black with Silver ribbon complete the card.



This Roosting Peacock (the stencil collection) is a little difficult to see; next photo shows a better view.  Peacock is embossed on white paper, edged in Silver ink (cat's eyes).  Base paper is basic Black embossed with Peacock Feathers (Animal Prints collection by Cuttlebug embossing folders).  Black & White decorative trim (let's hope it does not unravel!), Small Swirl (MFT) in glitter blue paper and 3 Dark Gray Pearls complete the card. 


I enjoy using the Small Swirl so much, I finally bought my own die cut so I don't have to use my sister's Jan's anymore.



This Lacey Peacock gem (ellentina cutting dies) is more difficult to work with than the Peacock Frame die cut above.  He is cut out of metallic white card stock on Black Tie (core dinations) paper.  Base is Modern Chic (recollections) paper pack. Black ribbon and 3 White brads complete the card.  The train on the Peacock is not attached.  His body is on pop squares for a 3-D effect.




Lastly, this Floral card is dry embossed on white paper. Base paper is Elegant Masquerade (american crafts); matt paper is Silver Pin Stripe (DCWV).  Stitched Black ribbon (the paper studio) and Flower & Brad (spare parts, the paper studio) completes the card.


I've been working on more 3-D greeting cards, some metallic, some not, and I will post those when they are completed.


Two weeks until our first craft show of the Fall/Holiday season! Come on out and join us at the

SEATAC International Festival
Angle Lake Park
19408 International Boulevard
SeaTac, WA
September 6 & 7, 2014
Saturday 10 - 8 pm and Sunday 10 - 5 pm

Plenty to do for the entire family!


Have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment