Friday, January 16, 2015

If you are a card maker and use regular card racks at craft shows, you may very well have the card rack where the slots are two different sizes.  I have three different sizes on mine.  I've been struggling for years trying to deal with the small part of the rack.  Well, I finally decided to just bite the bullet and start doing a smaller card.  This is why I started the more affordable Vintage greeting cards last summer.  But the 4¼ X 5½ inch card size I was using just wasn't cutting it -- it was still simply too big.  Over the holidays, my husband and I finally made a trip up to the Craft Mart in Marysville, Washington.  They had 3½ X 5 inch card stock.  I picked up one packet of 10 to see how it would work.  What do you think?

This Cuddled Kitty is on Letters from Paris paper pack (wild rose studio).  A green Ribbon and 2 pink Pearls (cloverleaf The Netherlands) complete this simple, cute card.



Base and matt papers for this Basket of Kitties is Peach Blossom (wild rose studio).  Green glitter Tape ribbon (american crafts) complete the card.

These two are of the small size I just purchased.


In comparison, this one is size 5½ X 4¼ inches:


Who doesn't love these Kitties?  They are edged with Mowed Lawn ink (tim holtz) on Garden Party papers (marianne design).  The green Ribbon (american crafts) and 2 green Rhinestones (kaiser scrapbook) complete the card.

There really isn't too much difference in the cards, but it depends on the size picture I use that makes the card.  In contrast, a larger piece had to go on my regular 5 X 6½ inch card stock:


Base and matt papers from A Ladies' Diary (graphic 45), Meow ribbon and 3 dark pink bling (a'muse).  Just as cute as the smaller ones.

Now the big question is -- do I go with the smallest card stock size, or do I keep both smaller size cards and use as appropriate?  Decisions, decisions.


These are now posted on our website for sale.

Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment