Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year, everyone!  I hope your year is off to a good start!

Well, I finally did it.  I made all our Christmas cards this year, all 65 of them.  But instead of showing you all 65 cards, I am just going to show you a sampling.

But first, since Hanukkah came before Christmas this year, I made this lovely card for some great friends of ours:



Base paper Christmas Traditions (the paper studio), Music ribbon (american crafts), black Musical Staff brad (HOTP) and Music stickers (recollections).  Sentiment was stamped in Circus Ink (splendor).


Now to show off a sampling of my Vintage Christmas cards I sent out this year:

















Aren't they fun? These are on smaller cardstock, quick and easy to make, but adorable.  As you can see, a variety of papers, ribbons, bling and brads were used.


Sports is a big thing in the Puget Sound Region of Washington state.  I've been getting orders for greeting cards depicting Seattle Seahawks, Washington State Cougars, University of Washington Huskies and the Seattle Mariners.  I'm in the middle of making a batch of Seahawks cards.  I've shown a Seahawks card previously with the Seattle Skyline behind the Seahawks bird (November 25, 2014).  I discovered a new Seahawks die-cut, but it is bloody expensive!


I only made 1 card with this design, and that's it.  And it is sold.





This is the only WZU Cougs card I have made so far.  Base is Modern Chic (recollections), Metallic Bronze starburst die-cut, Cat Paw ribbon, and 3 Peals (cloverleaf from the Netherlands).  I have a new batch of die-cuts, so will post those cards when made.  These sports cards are fun to make, but a challenge as well.


I didn't do much in making cards over the Christmas-New Year week, I so needed a break.  Now, I'm back in the craft room with new cards coming out.  I also need to plan on my samples for greeting card classes this year.  What shall I have the students create?  Stay tuned to find out....

I hope your New Year is starting off well.  Take care and Happy Card Making!



No comments:

Post a Comment