Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hi Everyone -- Today dawned bright, beautiful and cold!  At least, there is no rain.

Here are some cards I worked up over the weekend.  This first one was a commissioned Christmas card from a wife (who loves penguins) to her husband (who is a postage stamp dealer):


This Holiday Penguin is a digi my sister had.  (It is enjoyable being able to share ideas and supplies with someone who enjoys the craft as much as you do!).  Penguin is colored with Copics and glitter glue in the snowflakes; a Snow marker adds a realistic touch.  He is edged with Broken China distressed ink (Tim Holtz).  Base papers are from Festive Collection paper pack (Authentique).  I used the last of my silver Snowflake ribbon with a silver Snowflake brad in upper left corner.  She loves the card!


I am still working on postage stamp greeting cards for my craft shows.  What doesn't sell at the Holiday Craft Bazaars this season, I will take to a local stamp show for interested customers.  (I know of at least two who were reminiscing about these cards.)

This block of four Butterflies and Flowers stamps comes from Burundi.  Yes, these are real stamps!  Most of the stamps I use on my cards have been used, but it is often difficult getting stamps where the cancellation does not interfere with the stamp design.  

Base papers are from Grandmother paper pad (KaiserCraft).  A stock Yellow ribbon and three rhinestones (Me&MyBigIdea) complete the card.


This block of four stamps also hails from Burundi.


Base papers are from the Violet Leaf stack (DCWV).  Red Floral ribbon and 5 stock buttons complete the card.  If you haven't seen this paper pack, it is so pretty!  I love the colors!


This Owl stamp is from the old Soviet Republic.

Base papers are from the Orange paper block (ArtTalent from The Netherlands); the papers include glitter butterflies and foil (under Owl paper).  Dark green coral ribbon and Brown Glitter Leaf (Splendor Fall mix by Prima) complete the card.  Simple, but attractive.


This Owls stamp is from Mongolia.


Base papers are from Chanteuse collection (KaiserCraft) -- notice the embossed leaves.  The Brown and Off-White rope (Light Jute pack by Little Yellow Bicycle), and Acorn and Maple Leaf brads complete this card.


Of course, I had to do some Horse cards -- This pony is from Poland.


The base papers are Hay (my stash) and Spring Greens (colorbok).  The Rope (Paper Studio) and black Horse brad complete the card.


This noble Arabian on the Poland stamp should be a quick sell.


His base papers are Wood Plank (my stash) and Spring Greens (colorbok).  A white Horse brad and multi-colored "stretchy" ribbon complete the card.

I also did some greeting cards using Cats, Dogs, Elephants and Dinosaur stamps.


All these greeting cards, others I have shown previously on this blog, and more will be available for sale at our Holiday Craft Bazaars:


"Follow the Star" Arts & Craft Fair
Friday, November 29
Saturday, November 30
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Edmonds Masonic Center
515 Dayton
Edmonds, WA




Holiday Arts & Crafts Fair
Saturday, December 7, 2013
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Edmonds-Woodway High School
7600 212th Street SW
Edmonds, WA


My husband Keith will also have his homemade chocolates and etched glassware available.  These shows are great venues to find gifts for those hard-to-buy for relatives and friends.  Hope to see you out there!

If you cannot make it to the fairs, there are more greeting cards on the I Did It Creations showroom site.

Now, it is time to get out the holiday papers and bling, and start making those Hanukkah and Christmas cards!  I mean....Holiday music is already playing on the radio!


Lastly, a huge Congratulations to my sister Jan for winning a gift pack from DCWV!  Lots of fun coming her way!


No comments:

Post a Comment