Monday, November 11, 2013

Now, for the other cards I finished this weekend and did not enter into a Challenge:

Antique Rose



This dry-embossed Antique Rose (American Traditional) was colored with Glazed Dimensions (The Stencil Company).  Base paper is from LaBella Rouge stack (DCWV).  Bird dazzle (starform) is colored with Copics and adhered with pop dots.  Stock sheer yellow ribbon for finishing touch.

Glazed Dimensions is a thick gel and gives designs a stained glass window effect.  Limited color selections come in Regular, Pastel, Metallic and Pearl.  I use a mix, depending on what colors I need.


For many years, I used postage stamps in my greeting cards.  I haven't used them in a while, so that was the goal this past weekend.  I completed 12 stamp greeting cards this weekend with one entered into a Challenge earlier today.  Here are some of the others I completed:



Background paper is dry embossed (cuttlebug) Musical and sprayed with Memories Mist.  It was difficult choosing which music ribbon to put on the card as I have several designs.  Love the matching Cello brad!  I did two other Composers stamp greeting cards that all turned out very well.




This is a simple card, where I made the paper work for me.  The Bugs are in a souvenir sheet from Denmark.  Notice the little Lady Bug brad in lower right.  The Red Leaf is from a package of various size leaves that I bought some time ago.  When I came across it yesterday, it was perfect for this card!




The Pope stamp greeting cards are popular at my craft shows.  This is Pope John Paul II (I think).  The twine and flower are nice touches to this simple card.

I did other stamp greeting cards using a combination of papers, ribbons, brads, buttons, bling and paper flowers.  I have more to do and will show those on my blog as I make them.


My stamp greeting cards will be available for sale at our local holiday craft bazaars in November and December.  If I have time, I will make some to put up on I Did It Creations sale website as well.


I will start my Hanukkah and holiday cards this coming weekend.  I sold out of Hanukkah cards last year, so definitely have to make them over the next two weeks as Hanukkah starts Thanksgiving Eve.



No comments:

Post a Comment