Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I have a cousin who has twin boys with an older brother, 2nd cousins, I have never met.  I was recently informed of the boys' birthdays which are coming up, so I sat down in my craft room to make some birthday cards this past weekend.  I also missed my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary, so I made a card for them as well.  Then I spent the rest of the weekend playing with embossing powders. Here are the results of this past weekend's work:



Birthday card for one of the twin's 7th birthday.  The Cow rubber stamp is from the Dog & Pony Show set (technique tuesday), colored with Copic markers and edged in Aquamarine (cat's eyes).  The Moo sentiment from the same set is edged in Warm Violet (cat's eyes).  Base paper is Hay Bales; the Fleur de Lys Fretwork die cut (bergmann's noor! design) in silver glitter paper completes the card.




Card for second twin's birthday.  The Rooster and sentiment is from the same Dog & Pony Show set with the sentiment stamped in Circus ink (splendor) and edged in French Blue (cat's eyes) on pop dots.  Rooster is colored with Copic markers.  Base paper is Autumn Layered pad (me&mybigideas).  A Green Leaf ribbon completes the card for this 7th birthday card.

Both of these cards are 5-3/4" X 4½".





This 5" X 6½" Literary Owl birthday card for the older, 10-year-old brother was colored with Copic markers and edged in Blue Lagoon (cat's eyes). Using pop dots, he is placed on Dark Grey Glitter paper with Top Note die cut.  Base paper is Life's Journey (k&company). Three Splendor Fall Leaves (prima) and 2 Pearls (kaisercraft) complete the card.




For my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary, size 5" X 6½".  I understand my Aunt Mary makes greeting cards, so this gives her a chance to see one of my techniques.  The Irises are colored with Copic markers, and Yellow, Grape & Green glitter glue (stickles) to highlight.  The white paper doily (wilton) is spritzed with Pal Ale (memories mist).  Base paper is from The Mariposa Stack (dcwv).  The sentiment (starform) is edged in Sweet Melon (cats eyes) and pop dot mounted.  The Hearts adhesive tape (zeeman in the Netherlands) and orange Butterfly brad complete the card.





A 5" X 6½" birthday card for an old high school buddy who I've recently re-connected with after 34 years -- way too long!  We will definitely be keeping in touch now (the joys of Facebook!).  This Circular Dragon was done in Black Embossing Powder (hotp) on marbled blue paper and mounted with pop dots.  Base paper from The Far East stack #2 (dcwv) and edged in Merlot (cats eyes).  Shanghai Vintage Fan (dove of the east) and Green Pearls (cloverleaf - The Netherlands) complete the card.  Now I'd best get it out in the mail!




For one of our kids who graduated from college with her second Master's degree -- can you guess in which state?  Not a bad graduation card considering I have very little materials for such.  This 6¼ X 4-3/4" card was edged in Vintage Photo distressed ink (tim holtz).  Base paper Graduation (the paper company) with Kansas items (jet setter - reminisce line) sitting upon a Top Note die cut piece with Congratulations sentiment dazzle (hotp).  Three Rhinestones (from The Netherlands) complete the card.  Now, I need to pop this one in the mail as well because she has already graduated!

Now that I got all the "work" out of the way, I went back to playing with embossing powders:



Now I understand why Jan enjoys this technique so much.  I was having fun!  Circular Dragon done in Silver Embossing Powder (tim holtz). Base paper The Far East (dcwv), Burgandy ribbon (craftsmart) and Friendship chinese symbol dazzle (hotp).  Notice Chinese gold lantern (starform) in upper right corner by the ribbon.  Three burgandy Pearls (queen & co) complete the 6½" X 5" card.  This one is up for sale.





Another version of the Circular Dragon, done this time in Gold Powder embossing (tim holtz) on patterned green paper.  White paper doily (wilton) spritzed with Strawberry Daiquiri (memories mist).  It has been a while since I worked with my mists, so it was time to get back into it.  Base paper is from The Far East (dcwv). Gold ribbon (celebrate it) and three Pearls (clover leaf - The Netherlands) complete the card.  This one is for sale.




This Golden Circular Dragon (tim holtz embossing powders) on black cardstock graces this 5" X 6½" greeting card.  He rests on base paper from The Far East #2 (dcwv).  The Yellow Sheer ribbon (celebrate it), Chinese Symbol dazzle edged with Gold ink (cat's eyes) and Pearls (cloverleaf - The Netherlands) complete the card; it is for sale.







Another Silver Circular Dragon (tim holtz embossing powder) on green mottled paper sits atop a white Doily (wilton) spritzed with Blueberry Shake (memories mists). Base paper from The Far East #2 (dcwv).  The Mah Jong Tile (dove of the east) is tied on to the Grey ribbon. Three Pearls (cloverleaf -- The Netherlands) completes this card; it is for sale.

As you can see, I love working with Dove of the East products.  I usually reserve these items for special family and friends as they are a little on the expensive side -- and difficult to find in local stores.   If you love travel, take a look at their website and see if you don't agree!

That's all for this time.  I am in the process of continuing to re-arrange my craft and hobby rooms.  Right now, my work table is buried under a ton of crafting material and unfinished projects as I re-arrange furniture and rooms.  I hope to be able to get back to creating cards again within the next two weeks as I have some Thank You cards to create and get out.  I need to at least find my working materials so I can complete my 50th Birthday Party book (from two years ago!) while watching The Belmont Stakes this coming weekend.  Yes, besides making cards, I do travelogues and special events scrapbooks.


Oh, just to make you drool......


My husband has been making chocolates for many years.  He has been selling them at various events for the past four or more years.  This batch is for a new baby, all with Baby and Pooh designs.  The new mother dived right into the chocolates as soon as we took them over.  Please watch the drooling on your keyboard as you view the rest of the photos....





These are done in White and Dark Chocolate.  Yes, we do take orders.  Keep in mind we have a limited variety of designs.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment