Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I haven't gotten much done in greeting cards the past couple of weeks due to family visiting.  Jan was here with her 10-year-old son, and we took a class together on coloring with Copic markers.  Hopefully, my cards will look improved in this arena.

Jan had not left to go back home yet when another set of relatives showed up, ones we had not seen in a couple of decades (live out of state).  They were only here for two days, but still no cards done -- just lots of talking and catching up!

Here are some more of the cards I made with the embossing powders I was playing with a couple of weeks ago:


I LOVE, Love, love! these horses.  I have seen trios of horses over the years, similar to this design, and I love every single one.  I was so tickled to find this in a rubber stamp (B&J's Art Stamps) at the Paper Arts & Rubber Stamp Festival in Puyallup, Washington last month that I had no qualms about buying it.  The horses are done in Black super fine embossing powder (HOTP) on light green La Creme Paper (DCWV), edged with Aquamarine (cats eyes) and mounted with pop squares on Hay paper.  Base paper is Giddy Up Prints (Boxer Scrapbook).  Black and white twine complete the card.




This Flying Dragon was done over a month ago and just have simply forgotten to post him.  He is done in Fall Forest embossing powder (creations unlimited).  This is a type of glitter embossing powder.  Embossed on white card stock edged with Salty Ocean distressed ink (tim holtz).  Base paper Black (momento cardstock).  One-half white paper doily brushed with Lipstick Red ink (cats eyes).  Black tinsel twine (tim holtz) and 3 pearls (kaisercraft) complete this card.


In playing with my embossing powders, I have discovered that not all embossing powders work well with these detailed rubber stamps.  The less fine the powder, the less detail the design.  So for bold design rubber stamps, use your basic embossing powders, but for detailed design rubber stamps like these, use Super Fine Embossing Powder for an outstanding design!


I have been listing my cards on I Did It Creations for the past year and have not had a single sale.  I am abandoning this option.  I have a craft show on September 6 - 7 in SEATAC, Washington, if you are in the area and want to come out and purchase some greeting cards.  I am not sure what other shows I will be able to get into before the holidays.  Let me know if you want to be on my email list for future shows.  We do 3 to 4 holiday craft shows each year.  My husband's etched glassware will be available at all these shows; his handmade chocolates will only be at the holiday shows as we do not know how to keep the chocolates from melting during the summer shows.

In the meantime, I will work on setting up my own website to sell our crafts.  I have tried Etsy and sold zilch -- there are just too many crafters on it.  I have had minimal success on e-Bay.  If you know of a site my cards should do well on, do not hesitate to contact me.

In the meantime, I have more cards to take photos of to post hopefully later this week.  Hope you are all enjoying your summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment