Monday, June 16, 2014

This weekend, I created a greeting card for My Favorite Things' Weekly Card Sketch #180 Challenge:



This was a fun little project as I used techniques I have not used in the past.  Since Jan is visiting this week, I also had access to some of her die-cuts in order to do this card (check out her blog for her entry into this challenge).

The base paper on this 5 X 6½" card is from Life's Journey paper pack (K&Company).  Metallic light blue paper is Stars embossed and cut using Banner die-cut (My Favorite Things MFT).  Glitter blue cardstock from Glitter pack (DCWV) is Stitched embossed and die-cut (MFT).  The Wheel is double layered with small pop squares.  I die-cut two pieces, one on brown and the other on tan paper.  I then rubber-stamped in black the tan paper wheel to give it a more rustic look and added it on top of the brown wheel.  The Anchor is on pop dots, cut from metallic gold card stock.  Both of these items are from Let's Get Nautical rubber stamp and die cut set (MFT).  I'm loving this set and will have to put on my wish list. The sentiment is from the same set and on a Flags die-cut (Spellbinders).  Two buttons complete the card.

Our schedule is pretty full while Jan is here, so not sure if I will get very many more cards made while she is here.  However, I will be taking advantage of her die-cuts and rubber stamps (and she is taking advantage of mine).  We are also taking a Copics coloring class, so hopefully, we will see an improvement on my coloring.

Oh!  Almost forgot....If you were unaware, you can emboss using the light-weight plastic templates (that many people use for painting on walls, sewing and, as in my husband's case, glass etching).  Jan showed me how to emboss using my Cuttlebug.  So cool!  I'll post a card when I'm done.

Have a great summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment