Friday, January 25, 2013

The third set of greeting cards I did from a kit last weekend was Bo Bunny's Cambridge. This is one of the easier kits -- all card stock is pre-printed and pre-folded. Envelopes included. You punch out the die-cut paper and die-cut chipboard and match them up with the cards. Rub-on sentiments included. Just follow the instructions, and you are finished in no time -- great for one of those no-brainer days.









Of course, with ANY greeting card kit, you can embellish any way you wish -- inking cardstock and/or die-cut edges, adding brads, bling, ribbons/twine, or anything else you wish (or subtract to detract from) the card.  Anything you want to make the cards fitting for your tastes and purposes.  The main idea with card kits is to have fun!


Since today is Friday, I will add in the last of the cards I made last weekend.  

I had bought these foil thingy-ies earlier last year, but hadn't the foggiest idea what to do with them. I bought them because I liked the designs.  The past several weeks, I had been thinking about them and possibilities.  So, last Monday (holiday here in the US), I got one set out and started really looking at them.  You know, we really should pay more attention to the packaging when we purchase things that catch our eye!  The packaging told me exactly what these shiny foil things were -- they are so cool!  See photo below (here again, a slideshow feature would be great):

These are 2-D foil Birds and Flowers Gallery Decoupage by dufex limited. Each item is punched out of the backing sheet and adhered on top of each other with adhesive squares. This one is Hummingbirds and Flowers. With some of the birds, there are three levels.
Another view.


Blue Jays and Flowers.  Again, 3 levels from the base. Even the flowers have a second level. 



You can see the multiple layers on these birds (Juncos?) and Lilacs.
  
 Top view. The lighting I used still shows the layers.

These designs are too large for greeting cards -- they are 7½ inches long.  Ideas?  I guess I could frame them.


I had so much fun with the birds, I decided to work on the Butterflies package.
The Butterflies are much smaller, so I was able to use them on greeting cards.  Here is the first completed Butterflies 2-D foil decoupage card (there are 2 sets in each package).  I used background and layered paper from the Life's Journey designer paper pack by K&Company.  Added on a light pink ribbon, and done.  Didn't want to do too much to the card for fear of detracting from the butterflies.




Side view of the Butterflies.  Look at the layers!

 Another view.
 And a close-up of the view from the front.  Again, very enjoyable to put these together and fairly easy. 




Here is the second set of Butterflies from this kit.  I used a single sheet of paper from the Glitz Pack by Afternoon Muse for the background paper, added a green ribbon, and Blue and Green Rhinestones from Kaiser Scrapbook, and done.  

Again, these Butterflies have multiple layers. Notice the wings on the top layer of the Butterflies.

And a side view.  For this one, I just put a little sliver of mounting square under the top two Butterflies bodies and then folded the wings up slightly for a different effect.  Very cute!


I have several more kits -- 2 different Sailing Ships and one on Horses, and will enjoy working with them.  They are all the perfect size for a greeting card.

I picked up these foil decoupage kits at Urban Scrapbooking in Edmonds, Washington.  I believe she still has some in stock if you want to try your hand.  They are fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment