Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I have a number of cards that I completed this past weekend to show off today.  Enjoy!

This is a Pooh Cross Stitch card, using the counted cross stitch method. Depending on the design, a counted cross stitch card can take anywhere from 4 to 16 hours to stitch!  Obviously, the longer the time to stitch, the more detailed the design, and the more gorgeous they look! The wide Bee ribbon adds a nice touch to the card.


I colored this Peacock several weeks ago when I did my other Peacock cards, but did not get him mounted into a card until now. I colored him with metallic ink pens.  The blue-green frame is from the Fancy Frames Cricut cartridge. If you remember, I used quite a few of these frames for my 50th birthday party invitations.


This kitty is done in White embossing paste. I prefer working with embossing pastes whereas my sister uses embossing powders. Love the kitty ribbon!


Another use of my Hanukkah rubber stamp and Star of David embossing template/die cut. The Star was cut out on metallic silver-grey card stock. I used glitter glue to outline the Star of David on the Hanukkah rubber stamp.  The music ribbon is see-through, and adds a nice touch to the card.


Another kitty done in Black embossing paste and using the same kitty ribbon.


I love these styles of Christmas/Holiday rubber stamps. They are fun to work with and color -- or not!  Decorative paper adds to the card, though this paper makes the card look busy. I added a bit of Metallic Snowflake Ribbon for a final touch.  A single snowflake from the ribbon is adhered to the inside of the card.


I love working with Birds and Flowers rubber stamps.  They are fun to color, using both Copic markers and metallic or glitter ink pens.  Add a little glitter glue, a few paper flowers, maybe ribbon, and you are done!


Snoopy is another Counted Cross Stitch project I did a few months ago, and finally turned it into a greeting card. Love the little 3-D butterflies!


Love this Lighthouse! Colored with metallic ink pens. Background holiday embossed paper is inked with Tim Holtz distressed ink. Base paper is metallic blue stripes -- so fitting for a lighthouse.  The ribbon came out on the market last year. It came out with a bunch of seashore stuff, so this is reminiscent of coral or fisherman's net ribbon. First time I've been able to use it. Have two other colors.



Notice the snowflake edge punching.


I've used this tulip rubber stamp before, but this time, I just used Copic markers to color.



Lastly, a pair of Bears in a Hot Air Balloon. Colored using Copic markets, add a ribbon, 3 bling, and done!

What cards have you done recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment