Thursday, October 11, 2012

Today's greeting card I am entering in All Creatures Great & Small Challenge held by Papertake Weekly. 


I am a HUGE Peafowl fan -- Peafowl is the family name for Peacocks (males), Peahens (females) and Peachicks (babies).  I have been researching them and collecting them on postage stamps from around the world for the past 9 years.  I exhibit them on (postage) stamps and have earned awards for my exhibit.  I am in the process of writing a book.  Over the years, I have collected just about anything on Peafowl, but have had to cut back as I am running out of room to put items.  But when it comes to rubber stamps and templates, I still collect them quite avidly!

Okay, on to the card!  This Peacock is from one of the Bird Song Graphic 45 stamp sets.  I've colored him to look like the India Blue Peacock using Copic markers and Yellow Stickles glitter glue on the ocelli (train eyes). The lantern is done with Copic markers with two pink bling on the lantern flowers. Base paper is DCWV's The Luxury Stack. Flowers are basic petals and buttons. The ribbon is from the Secret Garden collection by the Paper Company.  I used pop dots to hold the lantern above the flowers.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment